Or not. But I’m going to tell you anyway.
My new favorite running site, Another Mother Runner, posted a series of questions and I liked them so much that I’m borrowing them for use here. See how lazy resourceful I am! Many thanks ladies.
- Best run ever: The one I do next. Always the optimist!
- Three words that describe my running: Stress-relieving. Idea-generating. Sanity-restoring. (I also love hyphenated words.)
- My go-to running outfit is: the Skirt Sports marathon girl ultra (in the summer) or their running capri skirt (in the winter) with whatever tech startup or race shirt is clean. Skirt Sports was started in Boulder so I have to show some local love.
- Quirky habit while running: Not so much quirky as gross. I snot rocket. A lot. Blame it on the seasonal allergies. I’m proud to say that my accuracy while blowing my nose and running is fairly decent. It’s just not always pretty.
- Morning, midday, evening? I’m normally of the mind to get my workout over as soon as possible but with my son’s new childcare schedule, I may have to start doing a few more midday runs.
- I won’t run outside when it’s: extremely icy. After one too many close calls, I just don’t do it anymore. Not even with a pair of Yaktrax strapped to my feet.
- Worst injury – and how I got over it: Runner’s knee. Also known as chrondomalacia of the patella. A result of improper marathon training, I stopped running completely for four months, wore a knee brace and did physical therapy to help correct the strength imbalance between my quads and my hamstrings. I learned a lot about my body and my running through that.
- I felt most like a badass mother runner when: I finished the Golden Leaf half-marathon while 4.5 months pregnant. It was slow-going but I felt like I was doing something special for my unborn child. Plus, it was our first race as a family.
- Next race? Rudi’s Organic Boulder Half-Marathon at the end of October!
- Potential running goal for 2013? Faster. Break 2 hours in the half-marathon. Because, really? I know I can.
I tag Julie, Jessica and Roni….mainly because those are the only ladies I know who run and blog. And because I like to pretend it’s 2007 back when we used to tag people to take part in blog post memes.
Yes, I was blogging in 2007. I really am that old cool.